We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Realty Rentals & Management

Which Duck hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Va beach Va
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Realty Rentals & Management

I came down with 56 golfers and have been for 20 plus years. We have used Beach Realty for the past several years as I've been told. This year it was my turn to get house for my guest. I was also told we rented 5 homes from Beach Realty for over 13,000.00 dollars. Our house was Skippers Sun Light in Duck Four Season. Well this house was beautiful but as poorly managed as one could be.

I had the following problems:

1) There was rotten seafood from previous renters with maggots all around trash cans.

2) The comforter smelled of mold on the beds.

3) We had major ant problems on third floor and they were coming from under large L shape couch. A army of them that covered our food in kitchen and crawled on us when we sat in chairs and couch. I looked under couch only to find 6 months worth of grime and filthy.

4) The smoke detectors were beeping and needed new battery's.

Well Beach Realty after emails and several calls told me the following.

We have ant problems down here and if you want the house cleaned you will have to pay for it. All I wanted done was clean under couch and spray for the ant problem.

I ended up buying spray and killing the ants and removing smoke detectors from ceiling so we could sleep.

I recommend if you're going to the Outer Banks to never rent anything from Beach Realty/Kitty Hawk management. I know my crew of 56 won't ever again!

Marion, Indiana
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Realty Rentals & Management

Try Twiddy they are great! We use them every time we come down and have not been disappointed yet. Their customer service is great.

2. Re: Beach Realty Rentals & Management

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 17, 2015