We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort communities?

Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Resort communities?

We are considering a visit to the Outer Banks next July (8 of us - 3 adults, 4 teenagers, and a child). I would love to stay in a house that is in more of a resort community - pools (indoor and outdoor), basketball and tennis courts, and of course, easy walking distance to a beach with lifeguards. Is there anything like this that someone would recommend in Duck? I was looking at the Corolla Light Resort as well.

Also, how is the water temperature usually in July?

Thanks!

Duck, North Carolina
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort communities?

You might like Four Seasons in Duck. www.twiddy.com/homes/duck/four-seasons/

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort communities?

Yes, Four Seasons is about the best you will find that has all those features. There are others that meet most of the features, but I am guessing you have never been here and are thinking it is more like Myrtle Beach. But it's not like that at all (which I like).

Edited: 2:52 pm, January 26, 2014
nc
Level Contributor
490 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort communities?

Corolla Light would also fit the bill. Both are very nice, newer communities that I would not hesitate to recommend. Water temps in July are usually nice and warm, but temps do change depending on wind direction so you can never know for certain.

4. Re: Resort communities?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 29, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Duck