We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barrier Island's Ocean Pines Beach Resort

Which Duck hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Parkville...
1 post
Save Topic
Barrier Island's Ocean Pines Beach Resort

Has anyone stayed at this resort located at 1445 Duck Road Duck, NC. in the last 6 mos. to a year ? If so can you share your experience and opinion of the place and its condition with us.

Binghamton, New...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Barrier Island's Ocean Pines Beach Resort

In June of 2012 I can say at least our unit was renovated from the prior year. New interior paint, carpets, updated bathrooms, and updated appliances. 32" LCD TV and DVD player were added to the "living room"

The kitchen is adequately stocked with plenty of (matching)dishes to serve the amount the unit sleeps. Ours had a coffee maker, toaster to boot, both new.

Bring your own sharp knives if you plan on cooking.

The units were very nice, great for a family or group of friends. I don't consider the rooms to be over to top luxurious, but comfortable and laid back.

The porch furniture is old plastic. I suggest bringing a few of your own chairs if you plan on spending time on the deck. Ours only had 2 old chairs and an old 5 foot plastic table.

The indoor pool has seen better days aesthetically, but the pool and hot tub still function correctly, and are well maintained.

The shuffleboard has cracks in it, and the equipment is very old. The tennis court functions, but is far from pristine. The game room hasn't been touched. A few old arcade games, and a ping pong table. Often empty. The fitness area for 3 visits now have been filled with broken or cheap equipment.

If you primary goal is to spend time at the beach, go out for a few dinners, and relax. This is a good place to stay.

If your goal is to stay somewhere upscale, nicer than your home, and to give you the "wow" factor. I would look elsewhere.

All in all,

The units themselves are nice, comfortable, and well laid out.

The game room and fitness rooms are pretty much useless.

The pool is run down, but gets the job done.

Eastern Kentucky...
Level Contributor
247 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barrier Island's Ocean Pines Beach Resort

Is this a different place than Barrier Island Station?

3. Re: Barrier Island's Ocean Pines Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 17, 2014