We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young Couple's First Trip to Duck

Which Duck hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
2 posts
Save Topic
Young Couple's First Trip to Duck

We just booked our August week in Duck. My boyfriend and I are in our early 30s and looking for a nice relaxing vacation, but with a bit of night life (nothing crazy, dinner, maybe a few bars). Suggestions? Also, we'd love any other suggestions on fun/interesting/must see things to do while we are there.

Thanks!

1. Re: Young Couple's First Trip to Duck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:01 pm, October 04, 2011
Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Young Couple's First Trip to Duck

We don't have many bars, lots of restaurants with bars but no bars as you are thinking of them. For night life you will be limited to Kelly's in Nags Head and The Brewing Station and Port O Call in Kill Devil Hills.

They give out a LOT of speeding and DUI tickets here at night so be careful.

Philadelphia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Young Couple's First Trip to Duck

Thanks for the suggestions! We're certainly not looking to get crazy drunk, just looking for fun places to hang out. Which restaurants would you all suggest?

Outer Banks, NC
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Young Couple's First Trip to Duck

You'll like Duck. Rent a kayak, learn to sail or stand up paddle, parasail, rent a jet ski. Great dining and shopping options.

If you want to see a lighthouse, Currituck Beach Lighthouse is only about half an hour north.

Maybe you'd enjoy lunch on the soundfront deck at Sunset Grille if it is no too hot. Although some folks don't care for it, it is hugely popular.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
260 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Young Couple's First Trip to Duck

There are some really great restaurants with bars in duck. You should try Blue Point and Sunset. Both have outdoor seating and Sunset frequently has life music in the summer.

You could also try the Left Bank at Sanderling for your special night out! They also have a beautiful bar and a terrific wine/cocktail list. You will need an advance reservation in Duck for the Left Bank or Elizabeth's Cafe.

chesapeake
Level Contributor
182 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Young Couple's First Trip to Duck

I've been reading the OBX Connection forums. Lots of great suggestions for restaurants/bars and anything else you want to know. There is a new post requesting everyone's top 5 restaurants. It was a big help w/ my list. I'm planning to try Tortuga's Lie, Blue Moon and a few others I can't recall off the top of my head.

7. Re: Young Couple's First Trip to Duck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 20, 2010