We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf in the OBX

Which Duck hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
5 posts
Save Topic
Golf in the OBX

I'm staying in Duck this week and I'm looking to play a casual round of golf. Are there any courses where I could play 9-Holes? preferably par 3 courses? and places where I do not have to be a member of the country club? I'm a novice golfer just looking to play and experience golf at the OBX. Any suggestions?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf in the OBX

If you're staying in Duck, the 2 closest places are Duck Woods, and Currituck Club. Both great courses, but very pricey.

If you go back across the bridge, The Point and The Carolina club are both a short distance up 158. Not sure what the rates are, but they are less than the first 2. There is also a driving range at The Prommenade, which is at the light just before you cross the bridge in Kitty Hawk. Nags Head also has a nice course, and I think it's probably about the same fee as Duck Woods.

Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf in the OBX

Thanks for the tip! I'll look into those you mentioned

NY
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf in the OBX

THere are also two lower-priced courses back across the WrightBros bridge - Holly Ridge and Goose Creek. Never played Holly Ridge, but Goose Creek was more in line with a local muni course. Great value too.

There is a pitch and putt course at the base of the bridge (OBX side- looking south) We looked into playing it with my SIL who is a new golfer, but we never got there.

DUCK
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf in the OBX

looking for a esecitive golf course at or neer duck.

Edited: 12:36 pm, January 30, 2010
5. Re: Golf in the OBX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, July 30, 2010