We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barrier island station-ocean pines resort

sevierville
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
barrier island station-ocean pines resort

Hi-

we are going to Ocean Pines timeshare resort April 1. I have read "not so good" reviews on this place. Run down,old, worn, etc. Can anyone give me any more info that may be positive on Ocean Pines Resort?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
586 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: barrier island station-ocean pines resort

I have rented a house on Olde Duck Beach road which is one street south of Barrier Island Station for 19 years! I have watched barrier island expand from the road (route 12) to the ocean. The older condo's would be closest to the street. I am not sure which one is considered Ocean Pines. I was inside the "middle ones" 2-3 yrs ago and they were lovely. The outside pool is nice for red flag ocean days or evening swims. The tennis courts are always open. and the beach is great! I suggest those condos to my friends who don't have enough people to share a house. Sorry that I don't know the condition of the specific condo that you are talking about but the area and general condition of Barrier Island seems more than acceptable to me! Hope it works out for you. Let us know when you return

sevierville
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: barrier island station-ocean pines resort

Hi- we just returned from Ocean Pines Resort and I have to say that we were very happy with everything. The condos are older but very clean and comfortable. We had a nice fire every night and enjoyed the big kitchen area. The location was very convenient to most everything- the walk to the beach was very enjoyable- lots of nice mature pine trees to shade the way! All and all, a great family vacation. If you are expecting a "glitzy" resort, that it is not, but if want a family friendly, laid- back place to stay at the beach- Ocean Pines is the place.

Northern Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: barrier island station-ocean pines resort

We just returned from Ocean Pines and couldnt be more pleased. After reading the reviews, I wasnt expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised. We had a townhouse and it was very adequate for 4 people. As already stated, it IS an older development, but our unit was very clean. All the kitchen small appliances were new (still had the tags on them) and utensils (silverware, glasses, plates, etc) also still had the stickers on them. There was a washer and dryer on the ground level. There is a carport, which was nice since it rained our first day and we didnt have to carry the luggage in the weather nor the groceries after we went shopping. The development was delightful, lots of common space with trees. There is a tennis court, small playground, basketball hoop, shuffleboard and a large indoor pool. When a rowdy group of 20 somethings came in, who werent staying in the development, security came quickly when called and took care of the situation. I am planning on staying there again next year!

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: barrier island station-ocean pines resort

Just returned from Ocean Pines (May08) and was disappointed. The unit we stayed in had rust throughout (basin in master bedroom, vents, windows, fireplace). The place is in need of a major upgrade. The door to the wash room for the unit was broke. The ceiling fans were dirty; no plunger in the bathroom, we had to call maintenance. We were suppose to receive a free gift if we showed our address book which I did, but they said they ran out and I never received the free gift. The telephone in the kitchen was dirty, however, the appliances in the kitchen were clean and looked new. The exercise room is a joke; rusty equipment, no treadmil, the eliptical machine was broke, and the bicycle an antique. The unit didn't even have a CD/DVD/VCR player which was a shock. Even the patio furniture had stains on it and looked unpleasing to the eye. The listing said ocean view, but I only had a partial view and the front door faced the septic tank. I can not recommend this resort to anyone and will not visit again.

5. Re: barrier island station-ocean pines resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Duck