We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay that's NICE & to do right near there?

The South (of the...
Level Contributor
466 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay that's NICE & to do right near there?

Know ABS NOTHING about Davidson area.

Will be up there at some point this Summer & we want a nice place to stay --- that's IN Davidson - or maybe southwest of it.

We will be coming from Atlanta & there are 4 of us: Hub & myself & 2 teen girls, who are well behaved but HATE to sleep together: ie We need 3 beds in a room/suite.

Could be NEAR Davidson & not IN, as I said.

Also what else is 'cool' to do anywhere in the Davidson region - back then on toward Atlanta? Have NO idea. Years ago I went to Winston Salem area, which was neat & my kids have never been there. But have to spend that one nite in or near Davidson.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Winston Salem
Winston Salem
North Carolina
2 replies to this topic
Southport, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay that's NICE & to do right near there?

I'm heading to Davidson tomorrow for a long weekend and I'm staying at the Clarion Inn Lake Norman in Cornelius. I've never stayed here before but with my Choice Hotels membership, I'm getting a king room for $63.75/night and the hotel has an outdoor pool and complimentary breakfast. It's also gotten good reviews on TripAdvisor. I might go to The Summit coffeehouse Friday night for its free live music and I plan to go to the Farmer's Market Saturday morning. It's from 8 to noon one block off Main Street and it appears they have live music, too - plus plenty of vendors. You might also check out Lake Norman - rent canoes or have lunch on the water? Saturday I'm going to the Davidson Community Players' production of "Crazy for You" after dinner at Restaurant X. These two web sites might be helpful: www.exploredavidsonnc.com and www.visitlakenorman.org. And don't forget that Davidson is about 25 miles northwest of Charlotte. I plan to check on Charlotte on my way home Sunday. Does any of this sound cool??

Mentioned in this post
Cornelius
Cornelius
North Carolina
Lake Norman
Lake Norman
North Carolina
Restaurant X
Restaurant X
134 Reviews
Davidson, NC
North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay that's NICE & to do right near there?

There is a Residence Inn in Huntersville (good location). Book a 2 bedroom suite with pullout sofa if kids need separate beds. It's about 15 minutes from Davidson and 5 minutes from Birkdale Village (restaurants, shopping, movie theatre, etc...).

Davidson is a very small college town. Walk through the campus and visit some of the small downtown shops. The neighborhood adjacent to the campus is beautiful with many turn of the century homes (drive or walk through). The Soda Shop is nostalgic stop for lunch or soda.

Mentioned in this post
Huntersville
Huntersville
North Carolina
The Soda Shop
The Soda Shop
113 Reviews
Davidson, NC
Reply to: Where to Stay that's NICE & to do right near there?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Davidson