We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants with lower volume levels ??

Here
Level Contributor
48 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants with lower volume levels ??

We have had great eats in Corolla - from ultra-casual Uncle Ike's in Corolla Light to not-so-casual La Dolce Vita in Timbuck II - great food. But why are they all so LOUD? If it's not blaring music, it's all wood great rooms where the sound of regular talking reverberates until every one is louder and louder. One night we were a table of 6 - and the waitress had to repeat specials between every couple because we couldn't hear her across a table.

Any suggestions of a restaurant than is better able to handle the crowds and the noise level?

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants with lower volume levels ??

Just don't go to Basenights in Nags Head, it suffers greatly from the same thing. If you were in Nags Head I would suggest Owen's, it is very well sound proofed.

Murrysville, PA
Level Contributor
313 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants with lower volume levels ??

First Light Breakfast and Burgers in TimBuck II isn't too noisy as far as I can recall - The Blue Point in Duck isn't either. I do understand what you are saying though - Mike Dianna's Grill in TimBuck II is ungodly noisy for a bit more upscale place.

3. Re: Restaurants with lower volume levels ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Corolla