We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wright Memorial Bridge to Corolla

2 posts
Save Topic
Wright Memorial Bridge to Corolla

We are renting a house in Corolla from July 13 to the 20th. What is the best time to cross the bridge to avoid as much traffic as possible? I realize this may be a laughable question from the rumors I've heard.

Charlton
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wright Memorial Bridge to Corolla

Drove from Massachusetts to Corolla, NC and took us over 13 hours...3 hours alone just to cross the bridge and over to Corolla - on a Saturday... Definitely go Sunday -Sunday if your going to go, otherwise, I'm not quite sure this place is even worth the hassle. People try to compare this traffic to Cape Cod, but this is like Cape Cod traffic X10! Literally you are parked for 10 mins, then you get to move a car length...and you repeat that process... I think for the quality of the beaches, I can find them here at the Cape and in less than 3 hours!

maryland
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wright Memorial Bridge to Corolla

Page, been going to OB for years and years. Last time took us 9 hours from Baltimore. That was going on three years ago and haven't been back. It has gotten insane down there.

jamestown
Level Contributor
7 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wright Memorial Bridge to Corolla

How is the traffic to Duck end of April?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
427 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Wright Memorial Bridge to Corolla

Traffic in April is no problem.

Circleville, Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Wright Memorial Bridge to Corolla

Yikes! We are going May 31....hopefully since it is earlier in the season it will not be quite as bad!

Friendswood, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Wright Memorial Bridge to Corolla

Went a couple of years ago and it was stunningly bad traffic. I've never seen traffic like it anywhere else in the world unless there had been a major disaster on the road. This year we're going back and I'm dreading the traffic to get into Corolla. Hopefully this year we can get on the bridge a little earlier and not spend half a day in the car.

Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Wright Memorial Bridge to Corolla

We will be coming in on Saturday June 14th. Is that early enough in the summer to avoid the worst or is mid June peak season already? Thanks!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
19 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Wright Memorial Bridge to Corolla

We come around June 14th (depending on how the dates run). We usually get in around 10 in the morning. Crossing the bridge has not ever been a problem. Last year we moved to a house in Southern Shores from Kitty Hawk the next weekend, and it was MUCH busier. If you know a couple back roads, that may help. We cut behind the Food Lion and were able to bypass some of the traffic.

19. Re: Wright Memorial Bridge to Corolla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, June 08, 2015