We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Tide travel along beach

Which Corolla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
King of Prussia...
1 post
Save Topic
High Tide travel along beach

Hello,

I have been reading a lot about this 4x4 area. I am renting a house in Carova and wanted to know if there was a time that you could not drive on the beach? I do have a 4x4 and have some experience driving in sand, just not wet sand. If I am arriving late at night can I still make it to the house I am renting?

Outer Banks, NC
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High Tide travel along beach

Check a tide chart and the moon phase. And the winds. You might have to run up high in the soft sand.

The wet sand along the ocean is easy part of the drive up to Carova.

If you don't have a tides app on your phone, you can create a tide chart here: Select Currituck Beach Light and go from there.

saltwatertides.com/dynamic.dir/ncarolinasite…

Good luck.

2. Re: High Tide travel along beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Corolla