We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area In Outer Banks to stay? 40-50yr old women's trip

Which Corolla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
rome ny
2 posts
Save Topic
Which area In Outer Banks to stay? 40-50yr old women's trip

5 of us girls headed to OB,last week of August...,none of us have ever been, no clue what area to pick as we do want a place that will have bars with bands or music . We are NOT looking for an area that is all 20year olds, or all familiies with little ones, yet do not want to be with snobby old folks either. lol We just want to have a relaxing vacation in the day on the beach, yet have a few drinks at night (or in the day lol ). Condo vs house? Kitty? DH,corolla??? help us out folks ! Thanks for any input!

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which area In Outer Banks to stay? 40-50yr old women's trip

Oh darn, you are correct. OK, I am back to it making sense again. Thanks - I need remedial reading I guess.

Then I stand by my first post on the thread. Nags Head or KDH is where they should be. It can be on the beach or a lot away. There are more things to do in that area. There are homes, hotels, condos to choose from and you don't have to drive an extra hour north or 1.5 hours south.

Edited: 3:35 pm, March 05, 2013
US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Which area In Outer Banks to stay? 40-50yr old women's trip

LOL! I had to look at the post twice too!

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Which area In Outer Banks to stay? 40-50yr old women's trip

Ocracoke is definitely more trouble to get to. You have to *want* to go there--you don't end up there on a lark!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,348 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Which area In Outer Banks to stay? 40-50yr old women's trip

I kind of think Nags Head too. that last week in August won't be a rah rah student type week. They'll be back at school. Same with families. Back to school or back to school shopping at home already. Slightly better prices that week generally. It can be a time for families with little ones...still summer and kiddos not in any school yet.

All the best. Bet you're looking forward to it coming from Rome!

15. Re: Which area In Outer Banks to stay? 40-50yr old women's trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Corolla
Recent Conversations