We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4x4 beach vehicle

Which Corolla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
5 posts
Save Topic
4x4 beach vehicle

Hi. My wife, son and I are renting a condo about 9 miles north of the paved road in the 4x4 carova beach area. We have a 2008 jeep compass 4x4 and a 2010 Honda crv. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out on which vehicle to take. We would like to take the Crv. I was wondering if anyone has taken a Crv on this beach what kind of results they had . Thank you.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4x4 beach vehicle

Take the Jeep. 4 wheel drive is better than all wheel.

Toronto, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4x4 beach vehicle

You may find some useful information here.

obxconnection.com/outer-banks-forum/…

Save Reply
3. Re: 4x4 beach vehicle

Thank you for the posts. Has anyone ever taken a newer crv on this beach and if so have you had any problems. Thank you.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4x4 beach vehicle

I would take witch ether one has the highest clearance. , I had a Toyota RAV 4 one it did well in the sand

new jersey
Level Contributor
160 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4x4 beach vehicle

i just went out on sunday and the guy who took us to see a house said he does NOT recommend CRVs. he's the guy that pulls people out of the sand for one of the rental companies and he said that he sees them get stuck all the time.

Youngstown
Level Contributor
94 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4x4 beach vehicle

Seen more AWD stuck than anything. They just don't do sand well.

Boston
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4x4 beach vehicle

Check this post

visitob.com/community/MessageDetails.aspx…

8. Re: 4x4 beach vehicle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Corolla
Recent Conversations