We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

carolla beach: Honda Pilot 4x4

NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
carolla beach: Honda Pilot 4x4

First time in Carolla Beach. Getting nervous after reading posts from 2006 that the truck's clearance is a problem getting from the beach to the house .. I have a Honda Pilot 4x4 ... anyone have experience (hopefully not problems) with this type of vehicle in the sand?

NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: carolla beach: Honda Pilot 4x4

Oooops ... Carova Beach

Mentioned in this post
Carova Beach
Carova Beach
344 Reviews
Corolla, NC
ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: carolla beach: Honda Pilot 4x4

I took my honda pilot two weeks ago and it did OK but you must lower air in tires or you will get stuck.....

NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: carolla beach: Honda Pilot 4x4

Josi:

Thanks. I was sweating this out. If I can pick your brain a bit more,

a. how were the flys?

b. what milepost were you (i.e. how far from the road)? We are 9 miles in and expect 20-30 minutes of beach driving?

c. Was water rough and cold?

d. drinking water ... brink a lot of bottle water?

e. 4x4 traffic on beach? a bit dangerous for kids?

Thanks

ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: carolla beach: Honda Pilot 4x4

No Problem

-the flys were not around on the ocean

-we stayed in north swan beach wich was 3.5miles from the end of the road it took us 20-30 mintues to drive in to corolla beach

-The ocean was warm but was rough a couple days that we were there.

-Bring bottled water to drink water pressure in our house was low and the water was salty

-the traffic can get heavy a times if you stay back from the road traffic its ok . we had no problem with drivers going fast .

On driving its like driving in heavy snow don't spin your wheels and keep steady it will be fine .

5. Re: carolla beach: Honda Pilot 4x4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Corolla