We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Breakfast in Corolla?

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Breakfast in Corolla?

Myself and a group of friends will be heading down to Corolla for 4th of july week. I was wondering where the best place for breakfast is? Most important meal of the day!!! Also, if the best place is usually really packed, what a good alternative is. Thanx for the help!!

Ashburn, VA
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
413 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Breakfast in Corolla?

Pick up a dozen bagels at Lighthouse Bagels, set a delicious spread of bagels and fruit out on your deck and enjoy the view. To me, no mile high stack of pancakes could beat that!

Be sure to try the French Toast Bagel. Fabulous!

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Breakfast in Corolla?

That sounds very nice. But, i'm a NewYawker, very critical of my bagels, extremely critical. Don't even get me started on pizza!!!

Ashburn, VA
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
413 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Breakfast in Corolla?

The Lighthouse Bagel owners are from New Jersey.

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
598 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Breakfast in Corolla?

Lighthouse Bagels are good, definitely. We ate a few years ago at Guava Jellys. ( I assume it's still there because we never looked for it again.) They had recently opened and I hate to say we were not impressed. However, maybe things improved over time!

Our favorite place to eat is farther south around Nags Head at Stack 'Em High. I am ashamed to say we have driven all the way from Corolla to eat breakfast there.

MB

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,545 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Breakfast in Corolla?

NY deli, trained with master bagelmen in NYC. The owners had the same problem you're wondering about....so they went to bagel school and relocated to the OBX. They'll deliever platters to you and have your order ready if you call ahead. Old NY (and S. FL) prices! Look them up and click on their breakfast menu.

lighthousebagels.com/corolla.html

Now, as to bialeys....Foredecs, where? (I do realize it has something to do with the NY water, but perhaps someone has similated that waer)

6. Re: Best Breakfast in Corolla?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Corolla