We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay away from Clinton Days Inn

Chapel Hill NC
1 post
Save Topic
Stay away from Clinton Days Inn

My friends and I recently stayed at the Days Inn in Clinton on our way to a triathlon in White Lake. It was an utter disaster. Our online reservation was lost - no big deal, they gave us a room anyway. However, our "nonsmoking" room reeked of smoke - the clothing I wore to bed still smells. It was also full of trash, including several stray french fries and potato chips under the bed. The worst was our next-door neighbor, who had his TV on high volume all night. We called the front desk to complain after 11 pm (we had to get up at 5:30), and nothing was done. Finally at 4 am one of us went to the front desk and the clerk finally called up to the room, at which point the person finally turned down his TV.

Altogether, we got about 4 hours' torturous sleep. Perhaps the TV thing could be forgiven, but the trash and cigarette smoke in the room are unacceptable. Stay somewhere else!

NC
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay away from Clinton Days Inn

Sorry to hear about that. That hotel is in a bad part of town and is known by locals as a druggy hotel or a truckers hotel.

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay away from Clinton Days Inn

It's funny about this hotel. They only opened up in about the last 10 years or so, give or take a few years. And it has completely been run down. It is in the "industrial" part of town and also right next door to the most smelliest place on eart. LUNDY's . You can't get any worse than that.

When they first opened it was so nice to be in a clean and comfortable HOTEL and not those MOTELS like Rosewood and the Tarheel. Management plays a big role in hotel service.

The Comfort Inn and the Inn at Clinton on Sunset are your best options. Also the Holiday Inn Express in Warsaw. The management at these places are wonderful. Always clean rooms and don't mind doing for the "Paying" traveler/customer.

South Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay away from Clinton Days Inn

Try the Ashford Inn across town. They offer clean, affordable accomodations for business or tourist travellers. A breath of fresh air for a weary traveller looking for a good place to stay in Clinton.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay away from Clinton Days Inn

Its too bad about your experience, but I can tell you that the place has been completely upgraded since your stay. We stayed there in late July 07 and found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the room was newly remodeled, very clean and comfortable. We had no problem with noise at all. The pool was also very clean and well maintained.

I had made the reservation for this motel and then read your review. If it hadn't been a non-refundable reservation, I probably would have cancelled based on your experience. But I'm glad we didn't. It was a really good place to stay for the price.

I mentioned to the owner about the bad reviews on this website, and he said that when he bought it a couple of years ago, it was really bad. He said they have worked very hard to clean it up and it shows.

If you are in the Clinton area again and looking for an inexpensive place to stay, try this motel. It still doesn't have the greatest view, and the location might be offbeat for some (although it was very convenient for me as my family lived just a mile away from there) but it is the most inexpensive, cleanest place in town.

5. Re: Stay away from Clinton Days Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Clinton