My friends and I recently stayed at the Days Inn in Clinton on our way to a triathlon in White Lake. It was an utter disaster. Our online reservation was lost - no big deal, they gave us a room anyway. However, our "nonsmoking" room reeked of smoke - the clothing I wore to bed still smells. It was also full of trash, including several stray french fries and potato chips under the bed. The worst was our next-door neighbor, who had his TV on high volume all night. We called the front desk to complain after 11 pm (we had to get up at 5:30), and nothing was done. Finally at 4 am one of us went to the front desk and the clerk finally called up to the room, at which point the person finally turned down his TV.
Altogether, we got about 4 hours' torturous sleep. Perhaps the TV thing could be forgiven, but the trash and cigarette smoke in the room are unacceptable. Stay somewhere else!