We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cherokee Campfire Wood?

Saint Peters...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cherokee Campfire Wood?

I will be camping in the Smokemont campground next week and wonder if anyone might know where I can purchase a large amount of campfire wood to last the week. I'm not looking for those little bundles they sell at convenience stores or gas stations. The firewood they sell at the campground is usually green, doesn't burn well, and are just small sticks, and expensive. Thanks.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cherokee Campfire Wood?

There use to be a man who sold fire wood from his home just off of Big Cove road. When you go up Big Cove which is where the commercial campgrounds are located it is past the KOA. If I recall correctly it is where you turn to go to the Yoga Bear Jellystons campground. You will cross the bridge at the stream and it is in front of you. If this is not the right exit it is in that general area. In the past I have always took my own firewood

Saint Peters...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cherokee Campfire Wood?

Thanks for your reply! We'll take a drive down that road with the campgrounds when we get there. Hopefully there will be someone selling wood.

3. Re: Cherokee Campfire Wood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cherokee