We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grandson

Which Cherokee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hiram,Ga
Level Contributor
58 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Grandson

Looking for something to do with my grandson are there any suggestions he is 16.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grandson

Hiking, backpacking, biking

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grandson

If you are planning on going over to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge there is alot of things for teens to do.There are alot of GoKart tracks and video game places.Horseback riding.Im sure you will find plenty of things in the area to keep him busy.We have 2 teenagers and they never get bored in the area,Depending on when you come Ober Gatlinburg if it is cold enough they will make snow for snow tubing and snow boarding which is always fun for teens to do.Have a wonderful time.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grandson

If he's the type that cares about History or Culture you can take him to Ocanaluftee Indian Village. Unique experience for sure.

Mingo Falls on the northern end of the reservation is also worth a visit if the weather is good, and climbing some steep stairs isn't too difficult for you.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grandson

16 is a tough age to figure out what they would like. It really depends on the time of year you are going to Cherokee. If it was summer there is always tubing to do. Assuming that you are going this time of year I would recommend the Indian Village, museum and hiking as mentioned above. You can always make a day trip to Gatlinburg / Pigoen Forge and hit the go cart tracks and all of that stuff like CG recommended. I know my son always enjoyed all of the stuff that i referred too. However the one thing he liked the most was the fishing. He was happy fishing and goofing off in the creeks all day long. Cherokee has a good fishing program.

Also you may want to check with the Cherokee website to see if there are any events going on while you are there. They have car shows, fairs and other special events.

Try www.cherokee-nc.com for the Cherokee official website. They have lots of good info on it.

John

John

SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grandson

I don't know if there are any scooter rental places in Cherokee- there are in G'burg... My kids liked renting scooters. I know there's a Segway rental place by the "Happy Hiker" in G'burg.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grandson

There are no scooter rentals in Cherokee that I know of.

7. Re: Grandson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 26, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Cherokee