We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matthew to huntersville

NJ
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Matthew to huntersville

We will be in charlotte next year for the women national bowling tournment. How far is it from Matthew to Huntersville? We will be bowling in each town. Where would be a nice place to stay that is in the middle of these two towns? Thanks for the help.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Matthew to huntersville

Matthews to Huntersville is quite a clip - Matthews is south and Huntersville is north. I-77 is the road that you would travel- possibly the busiest road in the area. try to avoid rush hour if possible.

What type of accommodations are looking for and what price range?

NJ
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Matthew to huntersville

bud41 What do you call quite a clip? 15 min, 1/2 hr?? We bowl in both towns on 2 different days. For a place to stay we are looking for something between both towns, like a suite with 2 bedrooms, nice view. The price dont matter to much. Thanks for the help

patann

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Matthew to huntersville

Well- Matthews is the southern part of Mecklenburg County and Huntersville is the most northern part. It could take as little as 40 minutes to over an hour in rush hour traffic.You have to go through the center of Charlotte to go back and forth.

Now - the only thought I had was possibly Homewood Suites out by the University on Tryon St. You could get your 2 bedroom suite there and take I-485 ( the inner loop) to Matthews and then over to I-77 to go to Huntersville. It would put you a little closer to H'ville than Matthews, but that's ab out the only area between the two I wouold recommend to stay. Again, avoid I-485 during rush hour if you can.

There are nice places down around Matthews ( Ballantyne Resort is particularly nice) - but it's far away from Huntersville. Most of the lodging around H'Ville is motel type chains - Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn, etc...

Now - back to University area - Homewood there has mixed reviews on here. I have not stayed at this particular hotel but I have stayed at several Homewoods and liked them. There are some other suite type hotels in the university area ( Residence, Hawthorn, etc...) you may wish to read up on some of those.

If you stay in the University area, there's lots of good restaurants and shopping, but I would not drive down Tryon St toward town after dark. Enjoy yourself, but be cautious.

Best wishes.

NJ
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Matthew to huntersville

Thanks for all your help. Where would you stay if it were you? In the University area or near Matthew? Driving is no big deal. We have to bowl in both areas so being close to one doesnt make a differents.

Thanks again

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Matthew to huntersville

If you don't mind driving, the nicest hotel and area is the Ballantyne Resort. University area may be more convenient, or maybe even downtown at the Westin.

Bud, what do you think about them staying downtown at the Westin?

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Matthew to huntersville

I've heard mixed reviews about the Westin. I would not recommend them staying downtown because of A) trafifc and parking situation B) crime can be a factor there C) even though it is central - it is far from both of their locations. JMHO.

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
399 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Matthew to huntersville

If you are not in rush hour or behind a wreck. It is about 20 minutes from matthews to I85 on I 485 then 10 minutes to I 77 in I 85 then you have 10 miles on I 77 which may take you 10minutes or 2 hours. If you have more than 1 person in the vehecle use the HOV lanes on 77. It will probably cut your time to about 10 minutes as in the HOV lane does not have to merge when the 77 goes from 4 to 2 lanes each direction. Do not use it southbound though because you can not access I-85 if you are in the southbound HOV lane. Once you get to the 2 lane each direction you will have to merge to the right but you do that after the bottle kneck.

8. Re: Matthew to huntersville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 12, 2009