We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Concord?

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Concord?

I will be travelling to Concord for a conference in mid-August, and was hoping not to rent a car. How would I get to Concord from the airport? I tried using the CATS trip planner but it says they don't have service that far out. I may need to go to a meeting in Charlotte itself shortly after I land. From the map it looks like the location of my meeting is near the intersection of Grier Road and Harris-24, but I can't tell if that's considered uptown, downtown, if it's near any of the Sprinter or Lynx stops...

Thanks for any help you can give. I hate to ask "let me google that for you" questions, but it feels like the public transit websites are made for people who already know where they're going.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Concord?

I don't know of any way to get to Concord without a car. Rent a car at the airport. Not too bad a drive to Harris up I-85, then back on I-85 to get to Concord. Airport is just about 5 min. off I-85, too.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Concord?

Thanks for your response. I guess I will have to rent a car. It is a bummer to have to pay for a car when I'll be stuck in a conference center 90% of my trip, but at least now I know and can budget accordingly. Thanks!

Charlotte
Level Contributor
649 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Concord?

I agree you best option is to rent a car. If it's really expensive for some reason, you could do this with cabs, but that won't be cheap either.

While you could probably get to Grier and Harris via a bus, it's not a bus line you'll want to take (i.e. not a great area).

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Concord?

Thanks for the confirmation, Brian.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Concord?

No public transportation from Charlotte to Concord. If you don't want to rent, call one of the limo services in Charlotte (might be cheaper than a cab)....Rose Limousine comes to mind.

6. Re: Getting to Concord?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 21, 2014