We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charlotte to nashville

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
Save Topic
charlotte to nashville

Hi, We will be in charlotte for the women national bowling tournament next year. We are looking for things to do while we are there. Also we were thinking on driving out to nashville. How long of a drive is it, anything on the way to see? Thanks for the help.

patann

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: charlotte to nashville

"Things to do" can mean a lot. Can you give us an idea of what you like to see/do? RE: drive Nashville - at least seven hours. You will go I-40 through Asheville and Knoxville. The mountains are nice. A stop in Asheville can lots of possibilities - as well as the Knoxville/Gatlinburg areas. Narrow your interests for us, we could post thousands of things. Best wishes.

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
399 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: charlotte to nashville

Plan 8 hours travel if not done during rush hour in Charlotte, Asheville or Knoxville. I have made the trip a few times going I-85 south to 74 bypass at Kings Mtn through Shelby to make a right on 226 North beside the Ingles on the west side of Shelby. Sevearl stoplights in Shelby be prepaired for about 5 miles of congested area. Then to I-40 West to Nasheville. Some people prefer to take 74 all the way to 26 West and over to I-40 but due to construction on I-26 West of Asheville {as I was reminded yesterday when it took me 1 hour to go 7 mile) it can be a real pain in the neck (or about 2.5 feet lower). Do not expect your cell phone to work on 226 nomatter whose service you have. You can email me with questions to highlaketravel@hotmail.com.

3. Re: charlotte to nashville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, August 13, 2009