We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Weekend- Arrowood or University Research Park?

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NC
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Girls Weekend- Arrowood or University Research Park?

Hi all,

I will be travelling with my friend for a mom's weekend May 31- June 2 to Charlotte. We have the option of staying in the Arrowood area or in University Research Park. Our main goal is to relax, maybe shop, see a movie, eat out, etc. Where would you recommend we stay? I am not really familiar with the area.. thanks!

NC
Level Contributor
405 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Weekend- Arrowood or University Research Park?

I wouldn't stay either area- I'd choose South Park area or the Speedway area near Concord Mills.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Weekend- Arrowood or University Research Park?

University Research Park - closer to shopping. On the other hand, if you have a car,Arrowood is fine - drive to Lynx (Park & Ride) - then more fun in the downtown (here called the Uptown) - Epicentre, IMAX, Bechtler & other museums. Shopping - Southpark or Carolina Place (might be easier on I-485)

Race w/end charlottemotorspeedway.com/tickets/…

A lot of fans stay longer, so basically, wherever you can get a good hotel rate.....

NC
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Weekend- Arrowood or University Research Park?

Thanks so much! With the race weekend, would we be better off staying farther away in Arrowood? Looks like SouthPark Mall would be drivable? Any good brunch places you would recommend? Thanks again!

Edited: 5:21 pm, May 16, 2013
Charlotte
Level Contributor
649 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Weekend- Arrowood or University Research Park?

The last race is May 26th - I don't think you'll see much effect from that. My first (or second) choice of places to stay wouldn't be University or Arrowood, but if I had to choose one, I'd choose University.

Lacey, Washington
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
Level Contributor
653 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Weekend- Arrowood or University Research Park?

I work on the Arrowood segment and honestly it's not in the best part of town. There are two newer hotels, a Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood that are off South Tryon right off 485 in a place called Arsley, which is 5 minutes from there. That area has a movie theatre and some restaurants within walking distance. We have a lot of corporate travelers who stay off Arrowood during the week, but don't know that I'd want to stay there on the weekend. I would seriously caution you to avoid the hotels that are closest to Hebron St. and stay closer to Southern Pines Blvd. (i.e. the Hampton might be okay). Are the choices due to a specific brand requirement? If so, please let us know, we may be able to recommend something else.

6. Re: Girls Weekend- Arrowood or University Research Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 26, 2014