We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf in March 2013

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Golf in March 2013

Wondering what the golf course conditions are like in the middle of March. Looking to come down at that time. I realize that a lot of the grasses will be dorment but are conditions still somewhat good. Can you recommend any hotels that may have winter golf deals on?

Virginia
Level Contributor
915 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf in March 2013

I have a condo in the Pinehurst area, which is a couple hours drive east of Charlotte. We commonly go down in February. March is the beginning of the really heavy golf season in that area. Conditions are generally pretty good right through the "winter", and will be just fine by March, I'll suggest you try the condos at Talamore

www.talamoregolfresort.com/fallpackages.html…

The condos are two and three bedroom, and the resort can book golf at almost all of the courses in that area. There are lots of hotels and golf resorts to look at as well.

Good luck

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf in March 2013

Actually, not quite true about "dormant grass" unless zoysia. A lot of people golf all year around in Charlotte.

Very green always: …cybergolf.com/irigolf/courses/layout9.asp…

Best would be to call the sales manager of Ballantyne Resort Hotel for good packages...

www.theballantynehotel.com/golf/index.cfm

Edited: 11:03 am, December 05, 2012
Level Contributor
66 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf in March 2013

I live in Pinehurst and the Resort has pristine grass each and every day when I drive by several of the courses. They are really getting ready for 2014.

4. Re: Golf in March 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 25, 2014