We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions?

plymouth meeting, pa
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Suggestions?

Hi all,

I will be in Charlotte for a weekend. I'm thinking of relocating and would like to get a sense of the city. I'll be going to a show at the Blumenthal Arts Center. Where should I go to dinner before the show? I'm looking for something closeby as well as not too stuffy or too casual. Maybe where I could eat at the bar even, talk with people.

Is the Epicentre too far? I'd like to park once. I'll be by myself, so not too keen on walking toofar alone.

Thanks in advance!

Charlotte
Level Contributor
650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

Epicenter is not too far at all - only 2-3 blocks. You'll find just about everything downtown to be within walking distance of everything else.

Restaurant ideas (all have bar seating):

Malabar for tapas

Enso (in Epicenter) for sushi

Aria for modern Italian

McCormick & Schmick's for fish

plymouth meeting, pa
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

Thanks! They all look good :)

Charlotte
Level Contributor
650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

Oh, and I should not have left out Vida for upscale Mexican. They have a large and usually very lively bar area. Just had lunch there today.

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

How about the Kings Kitchen. I have not been here but family members have and really liked it. Close to where you are headed for the evening, and it also gives back to the community that you are considering.

http://www.kingskitchen.org/

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49022-d19…

Enjoy!

5. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 28, 2013