We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is better for shopping? northlake mall or south park?

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
72 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
what is better for shopping? northlake mall or south park?

i will be staying in charlotte city centre and was wondering which shopping centre would be better to visit? thanks

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: what is better for shopping? northlake mall or south park?

I live in South Park. The mall is very high end. If you are for discounts it's not the place to go but if you like brand names then it's the place to be. Also very nice grounds considering it's a mall! The whole area is very nice actually.

Dublin
Level Contributor
72 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: what is better for shopping? northlake mall or south park?

Where would you recommend for discounts ?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: what is better for shopping? northlake mall or south park?

I don't know.. There are some posts on the Charlotte forum about the outlet malls but I have not been to them yet so I can't comment on them.

Greenville, North...
Level Contributor
261 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: what is better for shopping? northlake mall or south park?

If you are looking for discounts, you will not find those in South Park, Carolina Place Mall, or any malls for that matter unless a holiday (Christmas) is around the corner.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: what is better for shopping? northlake mall or south park?

Agree, need to know your shopping objectives. We were given the same advice and chose South Park. Stayed at a Marriott close by (got our roomthrough Priceline; looked at www.betterbidding.com to see what others had gotten and knew what level hotel to bid on). But also visited a couple of other malls, including Carolina Place Parkway area for REI, Sears, discount shoe stores, etc. Plus Costco, which was by itself.

You can find the Web sites for each mall in the city and see what stores you want to visit. Northlake will be a shorter drive from the city center. Our objective for that point in our trip was shopping, so we chose Southlake. Did visit one museum.

Edited: 3:40 pm, June 24, 2012
16. Re: what is better for shopping? northlake mall or south park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 26, 2013