We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nore relocation questions about charlotte.............

cleveland,OH
2 posts
Save Topic
nore relocation questions about charlotte.............

"Thank You" to the replier's for my transportation questions.Could anyone tell me if charlotte has very much availability of the cultural arts with regards to the theatre/annual festivals/out-door concerts?Also, does anyone have any suggestions for townhouse rentals on a bus line that allow a small pet? My last question is, can anyone tell me if jobs in therapy are lucrative there? I'm an OT and will be looking for prn options. Again I truly appreciate the imput.

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
399 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nore relocation questions about charlotte.............

For much of the schedule you can go to Blumenthal Performing Arts Center. They routinely have broadway road show plays, opera, dance, symphany and other live entertainment. There are several outdoor festivals during the year downtown and in various parks. It seems like once a month they close the streets downtown for some festival or another many music themed some race car themed a dec 31/jan 1 fourth of july ect. During june the symphant plays for free on the lawn at Southpark Mall at the nice band shell that was built for the event. Freedom park has a yearly event festival in the park which has art food crafts performances ect. it is free to attend but there is ample opperatunity to spend plenty of money. The Greek Church on East Blvd has the yazu festival with a nominal fee to enter parking can be a pain great food and to see the inside of the church bldg is worth the price of admission. Matthews has the Matthews alive (Formerly the stumptown festival) on either labor day or memorial day weekend. This is just a sample of what is available you should check the creative loafing magazine (the loaf) for more activities. Medical jobs in general are very big here with 7 major hospitals within about 30 miles of downtown but I do not know about your specialty. Most appartments in Charlotte are on a bus line but I would advise checking with cats about scheduling and most apartments allow small pets with extra deposit. I would avoid central ave and most of south blvd even though they have the best bus service.