We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is there to do in Charlotte?

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
286 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What is there to do in Charlotte?

Hi all. I am considering a water adventure trip in Bryson City and would be flying into Charlotte (or Atlanta). I would fly in a day or two early if there is anything special to see in the city before making the drive to the mountains. I don't know anything about Charlotte so any info you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks.

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
Level Contributor
849 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is there to do in Charlotte?

What do you like to do? Give us some ideas and we'll be happy to help. :) What we recommend will likely depend on your interests.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is there to do in Charlotte?

Lots of ideas on Free or almost free.... just click on the right-hand side. Also Things to do - on the left side.

www.charlottesgotalot.com plenty of ideas...

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,759 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is there to do in Charlotte?

For outdoor adventure there is the Whitewater Rafting Center. NASCAR Hall of Fame is worth a visit even if you are not a racing fan. Another option is to head north on 77 (about 45 minutes) to the Yadkin Valley wine country (dozens of vineyards in the foothills....Raffaldini is our personal favorite).

Charlotte
Level Contributor
646 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is there to do in Charlotte?

I'd probably recommend just flying in and heading to your destination. Charlotte's a nice place to live, but not that exciting for a tourist.

Rock Hill, South...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What is there to do in Charlotte?

There's always something going on in the Charlotte area. Some events are even free. Check out www.weekend10.com. It's helped me find some good events in the area.

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is there to do in Charlotte?

Top three events in Charlotte NC this weekend (my picks anyway!): Christmas Made in The South , Lake Norman Wine & Food Festival and the Renaissance Festival (love this one!). Plus, there are a ton of festivals going on right now what with it being fall and having Halloween right around the corner. This website has a bunch of things to do in Charlotte this weekend (Oct 21-23) including festivals, Charlotte concerts and free events if you want to check it out: http://mycharlottevents.com/

7. Re: What is there to do in Charlotte?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 24, 2012