We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Tega Cay?

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Desert, CA
5 posts
Save Topic
Moving to Tega Cay?

Narrowing down choice. Lovetega your help is needed. We just put down a deposit in a community called Lake Shore and I'm convincing myshelf that even if I do not get the job offer we are still going to move to this community. My wife and I will be in Charlotte this weekend to look over the whole Charlotte area. I've spend the last 8 months researching this area and have confussed the heck of myshelf. I have 2 little girls and like everone else, schools matter. Anybody in the same boat. Is Tega Cay a nice place to live.

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Tega Cay?

Hey NCSEARCHING...our move was a little different...my husband was offered a job transfer. At the time I could not even have told you were SC was on a map (I blame it on my CA education or the length of time I have been out of school...probably more the later though :o) My husband checked the area out first...and within an hour he was calling me telling me how much he liked the area. After a couple of weeks I then flew out with him to check it out as well....within no time I felt the same as he. We had researched the internet prior to our trip and knew that we wanted to be in the Fort Mill area (due to the schools). We were looking for a house with some land and blah, blah, blah. On the last day of our search our realtor took us over to Tega Cay and the rest is history. We have not once looked back and would do it again in a heartbeat. Personally I do not live in the Lake Shore part of Tega Cay but know many that do. Also if this is where you do decide to land I know several people that also came from CA...so you won't be alone. In fact MISSLUV (from CA) who was a poster on this site just moved here and is waiting for her home to be completed in Lake Shore (we met up last week for the first time for lunch). I will get in touch with her to see if she can offer you anymore assistance. I can tell you one thing that we both talked about...how we quickly found out that the schools are more advanced then they were out in CA. Hope that helps a little and if you need anything else just let me know. p.s. my kids are in elementary and middle.

Tega Cay, South...
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Tega Cay?

HI NC searching! We are building our home in Lakeshore too. We picked this area because it seems so family-oriented, with all kinds of activities and it's close to the lake - which we love, everyone seems so friendly and everyone waves as you drive through. We can't wait to move there. (right now we are in an apt outside of Tega Cay). The Fort Mill schools are great! They are so much more advanced than California schools.

We've been here 2 months and so far we love it. I actually just got home from taking my kids to the park for the last couple hours - which means great weather for it being winter!!

I'd love to know where in Lakeshore you are building - like what lot # - maybe we'd be neighbors! You can e-mail me at missvluv@yahoo.com if you have any questions!

Natalie

New York
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to Tega Cay?

I have heard a lot of great things about Tega Cay. We are considering a move from NJ, and are planning to visit in early March to scope things out. Does anyone have an idea as to what the rush hour commute to uptown would be from Tega?

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moving to Tega Cay?

As far as a commute to uptown Charlotte...without traffic...apx. 20 minutes...with traffic...I have heard anywhere from 30 to 40 minutes. Now If you are driving to other parts of Charlotte from Tega Cay...say the Ballantyne area (77 to the 485)...that would be less than 15 minutes with or without traffic (opposite flow of traffic). To travel to uptown you take the 77N, and most times it will start backing up right around the 485 interchange. Hope that helps a little bit.

Tega Cay, South...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moving to Tega Cay?

Hi lovestegacaysc & Natalie!! I just wanted to update you on our situation. We just sold our house yesterday here in Southern California, so it looks like we will be seeing y'all around March 1!!! lovestegacay: Since we'll be living a block or 2 from you, just keep an eye out for a big auto transport truck, & you'll know we have arrived (or ask Pam)!!!

Vicki

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moving to Tega Cay?

Congratulations Vicki!!! that's great news!...and I'll be looking for that big truck coming my way.