We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near the Airport - Charlotte, NC

north carolina
Level Contributor
51 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near the Airport - Charlotte, NC

I will be arriving at CLT late afternoon on October 24 and have a rather long layover until my connecting flight. Are there any nice restaurants within a reasonable cab ride or closer? Thanks for your help.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near the Airport - Charlotte, NC

CLT actually has some pretty decent restaurant choices at the airport....shopping and browsing too. There is not much 'around' the airport other than fast food, etc, If you have just a few hours, I'd stay at the airport.

north carolina
Level Contributor
51 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near the Airport - Charlotte, NC

Thanks so much for your reply. Any one in particular at the airport?

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near the Airport - Charlotte, NC

You want an old standby that's been there since the 50s? Hop a cab over to the Ranch House Steak House on Wilkinson Blvd. The airline personnel eat there. It's a typical working man's steak house - not elegant but a reasonably nice atmosphere. A little dark, with booths and tables and a shrimp cocktail that will blow your head off. LOL. Decent steaks and bleu cheese dressing that keeps bringing me back! But, they don't open until 5:00 pm.

Edited: 8:04 am, October 14, 2010
north carolina
Level Contributor
51 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near the Airport - Charlotte, NC

That sounds great!! We don't get in until around 6:30. Love blue cheese :). Thank you so much for your respsonse. I really appreciate it. Four hours is a long time to sit around an airport especially after a long flight. In fact, we could drive home from CLT in less time than the layover. Unfortunately, just the way it worked out. Thanks again.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,380 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near the Airport - Charlotte, NC

I don't think the Ranch House Steakhouse is open on Sunday.... please check this bud41...

http://ranchhouseofcharlotte.com/

I would suggest Mac's on South Blvd - Sundays are fun, but the service could be slow....Not sure if the cabfare would be reasonable... Another possibility would be the restaurant at Embassy Suites - I think they have a free shuttle.

Omaha Steakhouse @ Embassy Suites: embassy-charlotte.com/pdfs/CLTYYES_OSHDinner…

Mac's: www.macspeedshop.com/calendar-southend.html (Music, Panthers' Specials)

6. Re: Restaurants near the Airport - Charlotte, NC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 14, 2011