We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Statesville Area- Info help please

cape cod,ma
8 posts
Save Topic
Statesville Area- Info help please

Dear Bud, In our earlier posting I acknowledged our stay last week. We are entertaining purchasing a home 10 miles west of Statesville of off 40. We know the basics of the area from our visit. It is a rural area we are looking at which is our choice, however are there any hidden info we may have missed? Is new construction heading in this direction as is in Mooresville? We like the rural area and the home is on 2 acres. Any help would be appreciated. Your forum is great and helped us greatly. Yes, crime was active last week in Charlotte but no different than in the Boston area for all interested

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Statesville Area- Info help please

I think the area where you are looking is quite attractive. Sounds like you are looking near the Iredell/Catawba county line. A beautiful area for sure. Between Statesville and Conover.

I highly recommend this area if you are retired or working in Statesville or Hickory. This area would be too far to commute to Charlotte. I think as Hickory and Statesville grow, the I-40 corridor will develop as well, but not to the extent of Charlotte metro.

You'd be close enough to the city to drive in for venues it has to offer - plus you are near Lake Lookout and Lake Norman - as well as Rock Barn Golf and Spa.

Best wishes.