We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

orchestra in nc high schools?

Long Island
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
orchestra in nc high schools?

I`m from Long Island moving to North carolina soon. I`ve been researching for over a year. I`ve now (finally) narrowed down my search to find out not every school offers string orchestra . My daughter plays the string bass and will not give it up so I was wondering if anyone there has a child in orchestra? She will be entering 9th grade next year . Thanks in advance.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: orchestra in nc high schools?

Welcome to the forum fellow LI'er! I have found this forum to be so informative and answer so many questions about relocating to Union County. Actually, I never thought of asking a question like yours. My daughter is very into clarinet and band so I will ask a similar question. Does anyone know if Weddington Middle School has an accomplished band?? I know that would make her happy. Also how is their drama dept?? If anyone can answer this it would be appreciated.

Long Island
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: orchestra in nc high schools?

I wish I knew this before I did my homework . Being from LI I thought every school had orchestra. Almost every school has band .You probably lucked out I didn~t . Just look on the schools website,most have band listed. Marching bands are very popular in the south. Or just email the school like I did.Good luck.