We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats with all the crime?

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
miami
5 posts
Save Topic
whats with all the crime?

Im planning a move from Miami to Charlotte. I have been amazed at the crime index figures Ive come across in my research. Ive checked some of the most exclusive zips in Charlotte and the figures are 3 times national averages. Whats the deal. In Miami I live in what I consider at best a borderline neighbor and the crime figures are nothing compared to Charlotte. Whats the deal?

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
399 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats with all the crime?

According to the county commission, police chief, mayor and city council we have no crime in charlotte. OK for the ones of us who live here and actually see what is going on it is a very different perspective. We have the police chief who presided over the crime spree in St. Pete Fl. He has police department doing PC policing. When a police officer actually breaks with policy and arrests a criminal the courts throw it out on the same day even with long lists of priors. We are on target for a record year for murders in Charlotte by any way of doing statistics (hooray what an accomplishment) Illeagal immigration is out of control but we have camera vans taking pictures of anyone doing 2 mph above the speed limit on The Billy Graham Parkway. I followed this van one time between picture taking spots At ten mph above the posted speed limit he was pulling away like I was standing still. Believe the FBI stats not our local head in the sand polititions.