We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porter Ridge Schools

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Topic
Porter Ridge Schools

Has anyone heard of Porter Ridge Schools? I can't find any info on it but some of the listings the realtor is emailing me has Porter Ridge Middle and High Schools. I am wondering if they are new schools with not stats yet.

kmg
New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porter Ridge Schools

Hi:

I will be moving to NC and we have chose to go to the Porter Ridge Schools the campus is beautiful and even though they have not come with the stats yet I am sure it will be comparable to the Hemby Bridge schools which has excellent stats. I do know with alot of the high priced communties that are going up in Indian Trail, they are in much contact with the school. I have been to the school several times already and am very comfortable with sending my children there and believe me I have looked at them all. Coming from a very good school system in New Jersey the schools were our biggest concern. Please feel free to e mail me I have alot of information. Littlejoe207@msn.com

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Porter Ridge Schools

So the Porter Ridge Schools are new? Are they as good a the Weddington Schools? How long have they been opened? I was concentrating on the Weddington Schools but I can keep my mind opened.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Porter Ridge Schools

Yes, Porter Ridge schools are new. The elementry school opened last year the the middle/high school opened this year. I can't say how they rate as compared to Weddington, although most Union County schools seem to rate pretty well. Look here for more info on what new schools are opening in the future …k12.nc.us/departments/…2012-04.xls .

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Porter Ridge Schools

Thanks for the info Redjed. I checked it out. I just wish there was some sort of track record for the school but I realize that it just opened. The only way for me to decide between that and Weddington would be to visit myself and see what kind of "feeling" I get. Thanks again for the info.