We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interested in Moving to Charlotte area

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, NY
1 post
Save Topic
Interested in Moving to Charlotte area

My family is interested in moving to the Charlotte NC area. We're considering a fairly wide area. Anywhere within a 20 mile radius of the Charlotee Airport. We enjoy boating and being from an area just about 35 miles from the New York City area (Manhattan) we also enjoy theatre.

We're looking for a suburban area, but NOT totally rural, like acres of property. Any suggestions about what areas to concentrate on?

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Interested in Moving to Charlotte area

You will want to look south at Lake Wylie or north at Lake Norman. Lake Wylie could be Mecklenburg, Gaston counties in NC or York County in SC. Lake Norman will be Mecklenburg , Iredell or Lincoln counties. Lake Wylie areas will put you closer to the airport which is on the southwest side of Charlotte.

I can't wait till all the property on Long Island becomes dirt cheap so I can invest - it's going to be a ghost town! LOL.

Best wishes.

Nassau County, New...
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Interested in Moving to Charlotte area

Bud... you wish!!! LOL!!! At the rate we're going, these properties costs will NEVER go down!!!!