We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from exploring charlotte/union county

NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Just got back from exploring charlotte/union county

Our intent was to explore Union County and some of the upscale communities (Ballantyne, Piper Glen, Providence CC) south of Charlotte in Mecklenberg county. Anyway, we were so overwhelmed by the growth! Never have we seen the amount of new homes and building like we experienced in Union cty. The areas around Rea Rd, Providence Rd, New Town Rd etc are just flooding with homes.

What I am wondering from those who know the area is what the trend is right now? There were many resales in very new communities...are these people flipping these homes because they have some good equity in them? Or does the area have some dissappointing elements that you don't realize until you live there? Also, are the town like Marvin, Weddington doing an effective job of managing the building or is it a free for all to some degree? Would really love to hear from those of you who know/live in this area!!! Thanks.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back from exploring charlotte/union county

I attend church in that area ( Calvary Church). I think the resales are due to the transient nature of CHarlotte. People just come and go due to job situation. The traffic is bad but that's true all over the region. The Rea Rd/Ballantyne area has nice amenities and stores - nice neighborhoods.

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back from exploring charlotte/union county

The areas are just exploding about anywhere that happens to be in close promity to Charlotte. From what I have seen turnover seems to be more due to job changes (promotions, etc) not because of equity or being a bad part of town (in fact where you are looking is a very nice area). I think that the developers started developing a lot faster than some of these smaller towns even thought possible and are just now realizing that they need to have more of an input into what is happening.