We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

activities for families visiting Charlotte

Concord, MA
1 post
Save Topic
activities for families visiting Charlotte

My daughter is going to be playing in a softball tournament in Charlotte this summer. We are considering going there with the whole family. What kinds of activities would there be in the Charlotte area for a preteen and mid teen in mid summer.

Thanks.

Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: activities for families visiting Charlotte

There's a water and theme park in South Charlotte called Paramount's Carowinds Theme Park (704) 588-2600, Laser Quest laser tag (704) 567-6707 and more. I got the City Smart Guidebook: Charlotte from the library and it has tons of info on the area. Also check out www.charlottecvb.org. Best of luck in the tournament and enjoy the trip!

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: activities for families visiting Charlotte

As stated by the previous post there's Paramount Carowinds amusement park which sits on the border of North and South Carolina (www.carowinds.com). Carowinds also has a waterpark inside which is included in the price of admission (during the summer you will more than likely one to spend most of your time here). There's also the Discovery Center in Charlotte but may I suggest you check into the website visitcharlotte.org since there really is so much to do here. Hope you have fun during your stay!

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: activities for families visiting Charlotte

The teen might enjoy SouthPark Mall. It's very exclusive ( and expensive) - like Rodeo Dr. in Beverly Hills. There are some nice hotels around it.