We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carolina Beach vacation

PA
1 post
Save Topic
Carolina Beach vacation

Our family, from all over the east coast, is meeting at Carolina Beach this June. There will be little kids in our large group. Is it better to go to the beach at Fort Fisher with the kids or Carolina Beach?

Comment: Five of us went to Wrightsville last year and loved it. If I could figure out how to make a living down there, I would move!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carolina Beach vacation

Having 3 small children myself, may I recommend Kure(prononuced Kur-aye) Beach to you?! It is an area just south of Carolina Beach. Great for families with children.

Falls Church, VA
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carolina Beach vacation

We liked them both! I have three kids, ages 1, 5, 8. We visited March 24-27, 2005. On our first day at the Marriott on Carolina Beach, the kids plopped themselves down on the beach in front of the hotel and didn't move all day. They loved that they could keep going back to the room for changes of clothes and toys they forgot. They also liked the ice cream at Squigleys and Brenda's Used books. We had a great time at the Hula Grille for dinner. We walked back to the hotel via the beach and the light of the moon.

The second day we went to Ft. Fisher, did the nature walk and visited the NC Aquarium. If you go during the summer, the state park will have ranger led programs going on. In March, we were on our own. They loved flying kites on a very windy day.

Ft. Fisher is quieter (no shops) and allows dogs, if that makes a difference to you.

We also went to Kure Beach and visited the pier and the ice cream shops just for the experience.

We had a wonderful time, and I'm sure you will too.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carolina Beach vacation

Thats (Cur-EEE)!

They are both minutes away from one another-visit both. The aquarium is nice but I would rather stay in CB just for the fast access off the Island

Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach
Recent Conversations