We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carolina Beach, NC

Which Carolina Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
leroy, ohio
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Carolina Beach, NC

We have planned a vacation this year in August to Carolina Beach. Any input as far as restaurants? We usually travel to OBX, but this year thought we would try something different. In OBX we usually went to Jimmy's which is a seafood buffet all you can eat. Anything like that in Carolina Beach? Also any input on the beach would be great. Like how is the water and sand? We have younger kids (9 and 6), just curious about the undertow. I have read it is pretty bad. Again any input would be great. Thanks!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,409 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Carolina Beach, NC

loukymomof2, sorry to say that house is no longer for rent. The person we rented from sold it...and the new tenents live there full time I think...or at least keep it to themselves. Shame..we loved that place!! The beach in that area was never "short". But it does differ from area to area. The last time we were in that area...back in '08 maybe...we stayed in Kure Beach at Ocean Dunes http://www.bullardrealtyonline.com/2101od The beach right in front of our condo was great, flat, lots of room, not a problem. However just to our north a few yards, there was no beach at all, there were...cliffs, if you will. Now this may..and has probably..changed over the years.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Carolina Beach, NC

Hi DMom and loukymomof2, I am still in CB and the north end of the beach can be non-existent depending on the tide and conditions. As I have learned, Hurricane Sandy did a number on it so that is why the beach is so narrow up that way. I would say as from the 400 or 600 block and up on Carolina Beach Ave North there can be very little room if the tide is high and the wind or surf is up. It is really beautiful and wonderful, though, when the tide is down and I have walked twice everyday for miles and miles the past 5 weeks. The boardwalk is where CB Ave splits and you have CB Ave North and South. North is busy because there is a high concentration of condos. South in the area of the Lake is less crowded because there are less condos and houses.

I have talked to a lot of locals and they say the beach does get a little crowded but you can always find a spot and you are not end to end with your neighbors' blankets. I have never been here in the summer but I imagine it is a beautiful and very enjoyable place to be.

You can also drive on the beach at Freeman Park as long as you have a 4-wheel drive and Kure Beach is also beautiful. They have a few small motels and plenty of rental houses. Just not within walking of the boardwalk.

Hope this helps.

Moraga, California
2 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Carolina Beach, NC

The house is called Yes Dear and you can find it on the Carolina Beach Realty website. I hope you like the house. We love it.

Moraga, California
2 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Carolina Beach, NC

The house is called Yes Dear and you can find it on the Carolina Beach Realty website. I hope you like the house. We love it.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
113 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Carolina Beach, NC

I have stayed at the Mermaid manor a couple of times in the past few years, They did a remodel last year and some upgrades and it looked very good the end of last summer . They also said they were doing more over this past winterand it ocean front and the rates were very comparable to places off the ocean so it was good for me especially because I have a small pet . There are a few resaurants there a couple were supposed to have new owners and some remodeling so I would recommend them sea witch, and the harbor master was to be sold and remodeled and you walk to them easy enough good luck.

26. Re: Carolina Beach, NC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach