We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beachfront rental for a month during winter?

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
415 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
beachfront rental for a month during winter?

I'm visiting friends in C.B. right now and would love to come back and rent on the beach for a month or so this winter. (It's darned cold in Rochester, NY) probably in Feb. or March. We visited one rental agency yesterday and looked at a property and a couple of locations, but I just managed to get more confused. Does anyone have any suggestions or even how to begin? I'm just one person... so I don't need any of these "sleeps 12!!" places with beds everywhere. Help? Thanks in advence.

Lynn from Rochester, NY

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beachfront rental for a month during winter?

Have you looked at homes on VRBO, etc.? You will most likely find much better deals/homes on VRBO.com HomeAway.com and other rent directly from the homeowner websites. You will also probably find smaller homes there and since you would be dealing directly with the homeowners, they may negotiate an even better deal since the home wouldn't be filled with people.

If you insist on using a realty/property management company, go to their websites and use their search features, most have a feature where you are able to look at the homes they have by number of bedrooms needed. (VRBO has this feature as well)

I recommend trying the rent directly from homeowners websites; you'll save money and have a much better experience. I've rented homes through VRBO.com for more than 10 years, and now I also have my Holden Beach vacation home listed on there as well. The homes we've rented through the website have always been great, the homeowners easy to work with, and we've saved money. Now as a VRBO homeowner, I've found that I have much better, more caring/careful renters than we did when we used a realty/property management company to rent our home. With renters through VRBO, our home has remained clean, and nothing was broken or stolen this summer! Yea!

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
415 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beachfront rental for a month during winter?

I can't thank you enough for the VRBO tip! I had never heard of it before (having never rented anything other than a hotel room!) I have already heard back from one owner and have a number of addresses to check out while I'm down here in C.B. I really appreciate your help!!!

Lynn from Rochester, NY

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,993 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beachfront rental for a month during winter?

rochesterwoman...enjoy your stay in Carolina Beach!! And...I am so jealous

that you get to come back and enjoy it this Winter. It will be chilly there...but not like the chill up your way in NY!

I have used vrbo.com a couple of times...with great results. (for Myrtle Beach, not Carolina Beach)

We have stayed in Kure Beach at Ocean Dunes. Bullard Realty took great care of us. We had a beautiful ocean front 2/bd condo. We just loved it!

We used to stay in a lovely ocean front house at the northern end of Carolina Beach...but the owner sold it...and it is no longer available for rent.

Have a wonderful time!!

4. Re: beachfront rental for a month during winter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 20, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach
Recent Conversations