We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 6/2 -- 6/9

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,707 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 6/2 -- 6/9

We've been planning this family beach trip for months. Parents, 3 adult children and spouses and 3 grandchildren. So exciting and emotional to show our grandchildren and DIL's our beloved Carolina Beach! We rented a luxurious 5 bedroom/4 bath oceanfront house with pool. High-end furnishings and appliances with all the bells and whistles. Even came with bikes, loads of beach and pool toys, beach chairs, kitchen had more than enough supplies including a wide variety of spices for cooking. And an elevator which was extremely useful with the luggage and bags of groceries. Plenty of parking for our 3 large SUV's.

We went to the NC Aquarium, the Boardwalk area, the Kure Beach Pier, the far end of Ft. Fisher to watch the sunset a couple of times and we watched the fireworks from the end of our beach walkway. We all ate at Michaels Seafood one evening. Got seated right away, served promptly (which is great with little kids!) The food was perfect! Try the seafood chowder!

We got fresh seafood...shrimp, scallops, and a whitefish (the name escapes me) from Blackburn Brothers Seafood. Cooked it up in our kitchen. We also grilled outside a few times. Called in an order from Uncle Vinny's once...very good! Also called in order from A&G BBQ. The bbq was a little too vinegary for my taste but the fried chicken and the hushpuppies were excellent.

We stopped at The Veggie Wagon and got a bottle of their bread dipping oil, a couple of little pizzas, and some potatoes.

We made a few stops at the Food Lion while we were there. Very nice, big, clean store with very friendly employees. Made the very necessary stop at ABC Spirits. Huge store with an almost overwhelming selection of any liquor you could think of. Husband got his cigars from the cute little CB Cigar Box shop. There is a little Christmas store right behind it, but parking is very limited so we didn't get to go in there. Sadly we never made it to Squiggleys this trip, but we did have our own homemade ice cream sundaes at the house.

The weather was absolutely perfect the whole week. Low 80's, with a little breeze and puffy white clouds here and there. No rain at all until a little sprinkle as we left for home on Saturday. Could not have ordered better weather!

Everyone agreed it was THE perfect family vacation. The amazing house, the wide beach (not crowded at all) the weather...everything!

Please Carolina Beach...stay as you are. Charming, small, retro...you are perfect just the way you are!

Mentioned in this post
Carolina Beach
Carolina Beach
North Carolina
Kure Beach Pier
Kure Beach Pier
381 Reviews
Kure Beach, NC
Michael's Seafood Restaurant
Michael's Seafood...
964 Reviews
Carolina Beach, NC
2 replies to this topic
Inman, South...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 6/2 -- 6/9

I loved your trip report. I too love Carolina Beach. Last year was our first time and we are hooked. We have always gone to Myrtle , but things have changed so much there. So much crime and drug activity. I love the retro old beach town feel of Carolina beach, and felt no bad vibes anywhere on the island. Glad your family had a great week. We will be there the week of the fourth.....can't wait. And I will definitely be trying A&G bbq, cause I love the vinegar sauce. Thanks for sharing your trip report. I wish more people did.

Mentioned in this post
Carolina Beach
Carolina Beach
North Carolina
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,707 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 6/2 -- 6/9

Thanks and you are welcome pjspence. Glad to hear you liked that area too. Hope you have a wonderful time and that the weather is perfect for you too!

Reply to: Trip Report 6/2 -- 6/9
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach