We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buxton the first week of June - warm enough?

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
295 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Buxton the first week of June - warm enough?

Perhaps an odd question coming from me as I've been to Buxton 9 different summers, but it's been a few years now, AND I've never been so early in the summer before.

Still nailing down where we might want to go, but we're thinking of heading back to Buxton in June 2012. The only week we can do it is the first week of June. I don't want to be hit with temps that are too cold to enjoy the ocean and the whole area.

So, any info on the temps there the first week of June?

Thanks!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
762 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buxton the first week of June - warm enough?

We go first week of May and the temps are usually always in the 70's. It's actually great weather wise, although the ocean/pool are usually rather cold. If it's a bright sunny day, the cold water feels pretty good. I'm sure by first of June, the water warms up a bit, but it's still probably a little cool.

Hatteras Island...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buxton the first week of June - warm enough?

Not sure of the exact water temps but I thought the water in Buxton was extremely clear and comfortable this year in late May and all through June. That's coming from a WWW," Warm Water Weenie". I don't do the Polar Bear club thing.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buxton the first week of June - warm enough?

We were in Frisco for Memorial Day week (last few days of May, first few days of June) and everyone was thrilled with how warm the water was. The weather was fabulous, even hot on some days. No rain at all. It is the only time of the summer that I would consider staying on OBX!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
295 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buxton the first week of June - warm enough?

Ok! Thanks for the info. Perhaps we will be going back there in 2012.

5. Re: Buxton the first week of June - warm enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, July 15, 2015