We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hidden Creek Cabins - Oak Ridge Log Cabin

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Hidden Creek Cabins - Oak Ridge Log Cabin

Stayed here for a girl's weekend. All the arrangements were made by someone else, otherwise I probably wouldn't have picked this one. The cabin is beautiful, clean and very spacious but there were a few issues. There's not really a great view. There is a house below and the neighbor's free-standing garage/workshop is directly in front of the house. He was always out there tinkering with something and when we tried to say hello or be friendly, he just grunted or ignored us. I'm sure I wouldn't want a rental house in front of my peaceful mtn house either but we were friendly and not too rowdy. The house is in a neighborhood with several other homes so not secluded at all. There are really only 3 bedrooms. The master br is the only one on the main floor. There are 3 futon/couches which are great for sitting but not very comfy for sleeping. The deck is huge with 4 rocking chairs and 2 picnic tables. There is a large square table in the kitchen also (diff from the pics on their website). TIn the website pics, fire in the fireplace is totally photoshoped. I don't know if you are even allowed to have a fire b/c there's no grate or anything, it's just an open fireplace. Same thing with the fireplace downstairs. Upstairs there is only 1 bedroom with 4 beds and a bath. Downstairs there is a rec room area (I guess they are calling this the 4th bedroom) with a bed and a futon and pool table. The other bedroom is down there as well, with 2 queen beds. This is where I stayed and it got a little chilly at night. They need some extra blankets. The "hot" tub is also on the bottom level. It was too cool on our 1st night to really enjoy it. I had to take a hot shower afterwards to warm up. Apparently it takes 2 whole days to heat up and it was not turned on in time for it to be hot for us the 1st night. The 2nd night there were 2 of us in it and it was 100 degrees but quickly fell to something too cool to enjoy. They did make a fire ring in the gravel driveway for us and stacked wood but we never used it. There's nowhere to sit except in the gravel. My sheets were super soft and the bed was comfy but could have used more blankets. Water pressure and hot water were good,even with 9 girls in the house. The pool table pockets had holes in them so the balls will fall on the floor. Just be aware. The cabin is easy to get to and close enough to Bryson City for a quick trip into town. Overall, I did not like the lack of seclusion.

Sylva, North...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hidden Creek Cabins - Oak Ridge Log Cabin

There are lots of cabin rentals around Bryson City that have excellent seclusion, and I think that Hidden Creek Cabins has other cabins in their rental program that are secluded. The best way to know if a cabin is secluded or not is probably to call first and ask that specific question. Many cabin rental businesses around here are happy to help you find the right cabin based on what you're looking for.

Smithfield, North...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Hidden Creek Cabins - Oak Ridge Log Cabin

Hi. We just rented this cabin for later this year. Are you saying that it is only 3 bedroom. I am under the impression that it is 4 bedroom. What are the bedroom configurations? Thanks!

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hidden Creek Cabins - Oak Ridge Log Cabin

The master bedroom an en suite are on the main floor, off the kitchen. There is only 1 bedroom upstairs with a separate bath. That room has 2 queen beds in it so for our party, 2 adult women had to share each of those beds. The bottom level has a separate bedroom with 2 queen beds. My friend and I shared this room. The rec room is also down here with a futon and 1 queen bed but whoever uses those beds will have no privacy as they are not separated from the rec room area where the pool table is. This is actually only a 3 bedroom home. I guess they are calling the rec room with the bed and futon the 4th bedroom.

Bryson City, North...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hidden Creek Cabins - Oak Ridge Log Cabin

Sorry for any confusion. Oak Ridge does have 3 separate bedrooms. What we refer to as the 4th bedroom is a little area adjacent to the game room where we have another queen size bed. In total the cabin has 6 queen beds and 4 futons that open up to full size beds.

I see how the website can cause some confusion and I will make sure that gets updated. If I can help further please let me know.

Kevin

Owner

Canton, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hidden Creek Cabins - Oak Ridge Log Cabin

Our experience this past weekend at oak ridge cabin. It is a beautiful cabin that is poorly maintained. Futon couches were uncomfortable for sitting and one was broken. Dinning chairs were broken. Hot tub never got hot - we were told that that is just the way it works. Pots and pans were dirty. Cob webs were plentiful. Smoke alarm in bedroom missing.

6. Re: Hidden Creek Cabins - Oak Ridge Log Cabin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, February 08, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Bryson City