We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brevard first trip, with teenagers what if it rains?!!

Which Brevard hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
Level Contributor
140 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Brevard first trip, with teenagers what if it rains?!!

Planning on coming to Brevard next week, for out daughters spring break, just a few days, to do some easy hiking and take them trout fishing, see waterfalls. but here in Georgia it has been raining for weeks, what is there to do in Brevard if it rains the whole time? What else is close by to do with young teenage girls? how far is Ashville from Brevard? Any advise is appreicated.. Thanks

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brevard first trip, with teenagers what if it rains?!!

Asheville is about 30 or 40 miles from Brevard. You'll find lots to do there, including touring the Biltmore House.

Take a look here:

exploreasheville.com/what-to-do/index.aspx

Have a great trip!

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brevard first trip, with teenagers what if it rains?!!

I have some teen girl experience....

1. Some great shops in downtown Brevard to wander around in regardless of rain.

2. Drive to Arden/S. Asheville and go to the new Bitlmore Park area where they have a brand new cinema, REI and a YMCA ( if you are a member in GA bring membership card) and go for a swim.

3. Drive a little further into Asheville and let them wander around all the shops and galleries in downtown.

4. Tour the Biltmore Estate.

atlanta
Level Contributor
140 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brevard first trip, with teenagers what if it rains?!!

Thank you for the ideas, everybody and please leave me some specifics on Where to go, and where is good to eat dinner.. lol.. Thanks Again.keep the ideas coming

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brevard first trip, with teenagers what if it rains?!!

what kind of food do the girls like?

atlanta
Level Contributor
140 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brevard first trip, with teenagers what if it rains?!!

most everything, bbq, fish, asian, Any other suggestions of what to not miss while in the area? I have been reading reviews on TA about Brevard. I was trying to find a mid point to stay so we could see both parks, but i have no idea at all about Brevard, as in what it is close too, and do you cross the mountain to go reach the next town. We have been to highlands several times for day trips and really like it,

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brevard first trip, with teenagers what if it rains?!!

So Brevard is about 30 minutes down the mountain (lower) than Highlands and about 40-45 minutes from Asheville. There are some restaurants in Brevard and of course Highlands that are quite good but I am in that area so infrequently that you should ask/check on chowhound.com

I really like downtown Brevard and have enjoyed wandering around there. I think there is even a old fashioned movie theatre right downtown...but don't know how much of that will be appealing for teens.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brevard first trip, with teenagers what if it rains?!!

We just spent a week in Highlands and the restaurants there are very expensive, $25+ pp for dinner. It's definately worth checking out the town and there are some beautiful hiking trails in the area, especially Whiteside Mountain and the Chattooga River at Bullpen bridge.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brevard first trip, with teenagers what if it rains?!!

as far as restaurants- we went to Square Root cafe and really liked it last year- , Maple is good- Hob Knob -haven't been to in a few years but it still seems to get good reviews- Dugan's Pub- burgers fries -all in downtown-

oH and go to Rocky's -we always got there after camp pickup- old fashioned soda shop- great food and go next door to the O.P.'s store- it is 2 stories-

9. Re: Brevard first trip, with teenagers what if it rains?!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 22, 2009