We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fleetwood, NC

NC
Level Contributor
376 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Fleetwood, NC

Headed up to the Fleetwood area and I know it somewhat close to boone. Was wondering if anyone can assist with this area and what can be done with the family. We have a 9 and 6 year old. Really we are looking to have fun in the snow, but just in case snow is not there we would like backup plans.

Thanks

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fleetwood, NC

Here's a start for things to do! Have fun!

americantowns.com/nc/fleetwood-things-to-do

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,567 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fleetwood, NC

I have mapped this out and still do not know exactly where Fleetwood is. I know you are heading into snow. So, have a good time. I am listing several websites that may help you. Of the weather is good, gem mining is always fun. Snow tubing, Grandfather Mountain, if open.

http://www.highcountryoutdoors.com

www.blueridgeparkway.org

www.mastgeneralstore.com

www.southernhighlandguild.org

www.visitboonenc.com

www.mountainsofnc.com

www.blowingrock.com

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fleetwood, NC

Hey, I know Fleetwood! Probably not the best thing to do at this time of year, but Railroad Grade Road (which runs from Todd to Fleetwood) is a fantastic road bike trail. It follows the South Fork of the New River--very nice scenery. And because it follows the old railroad bed it's a very gentle grade so it's great for kids. You don't even realize you're going uphill (or down, depending on which direction you go). I've done the trip several times.

There's not much at Fleetwood; just a few houses and a small post office. But there's definitely lots to do in the Boone area as queeni says. Hope you enjoy your trip!

NC
Level Contributor
376 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fleetwood, NC

Appreciate the information.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fleetwood, NC

I would add the Todd General Store to the itinrary. You will also be pretty close to W. Jefferson where there is a cheese factory and some nice shops, etc. plus Ben Long frescoes at two churhes in the area. Finally, Stone Mountain State Park is just up the Blue Ridge Parkway, if it is open.

6. Re: Fleetwood, NC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 24, 2014