We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crestwood Inn

Which Blowing Rock hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
anc
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Crestwood Inn

Any bad experiences at Crestwood Inn? How does it compare with Chetola Resort? How far is it from downtown? What is the restaurant like? We have reserved a "luxury king" room. Will we be pleased or disappointed? Any other information would be appreciated.

Winston Salem, NC
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Crestwood Inn

We stayed at Crestwood in May and absolutely love this place! It is much more charming than Chetola. The restaurant and bar there is also wonderful. You will not be disappointed. It is a short drive to downtown, maybe 10 minutes. Crestwood is more secluded with fabulous mountain views, something that you won't get at Chetola or downtown. After our complimentary breakfast each morning on the terrace at Crestwood, we would drive downtown to walk around but enjoyed hanging out at Crestwood the most. Depending on how long you are staying in the area, I recommend eating at Serius, the restaurant at Crestwood and also eating at Crippen's Country Inn one evening.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Crestwood Inn

I agree with the above post. I have stayed at both. They cannot be compared because they are so different. Crestwood is quiet, small luxury. Chetola is large luxury and amenities.

The spa services at Crestwood are quite good also. I found the indoor pool too cold to use, but in summer it's probably OK. We only had breakfast at crestwood but it was good. We like the Gamekeeper across the street for dinner.

I will say the Bob Timberlake Inn - a B & B inside of Chetola;s lodge is on of the best I've ever stayed in. If I had to choose between BTI and Crestwood....o boy - much too hard a decision! You can't go wrong.

Best wishes.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Crestwood Inn

O yes- we stayed in the luxury king room - excellent...and a nice balcony with a great view. I have a review for Crestwood here on Tripadvisor - with photos.

4. Re: Crestwood Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 17, 2009