We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romance in Blowing Rock?

NC
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
romance in Blowing Rock?

We'd like a nice room with a whirlpool tub IN the living area...we only have ONE night in July--any suggestions please?

And maybe a nice restaurant too?!

Thanks!

Candy

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: romance in Blowing Rock?

I don't know if they have any rooms with whirlpools in the living area, but The Inn at Crestwood might fill the bill for romance. It's great. They have an intimate restaurant, and the The Gamekeeper is just across the street. You can also get massages at the Crestwood Spa. Just a suggestion. The closest accommodation I know to what you want might be a 2 bedroom condo at Chetola Resort. they have whirlpool rooms just off the living room. I don't think they will rent for just one night, however. Best wishes.

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: romance in Blowing Rock?

Restaurant: Bistro Roca

www.bistroroca.com

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
43 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: romance in Blowing Rock?

Every time I go south from the Midwest I try to get to Blowing Rock. For the past few years I have stayed at the Blowing Rock Victorian Inn. My husband and I both enjoy the comfort, privacy and proximity to all the local attractions. We also like the innkeepers very much, they are professional AND fun. Highly recommend it.

NC
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: romance in Blowing Rock?

Wow, thanks you guys! I'll check these out!

Durham, NC
Level Contributor
464 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: romance in Blowing Rock?

I'd consider Twig's for a restaurant.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: romance in Blowing Rock?

We loved Gideon Ridge.

NC
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: romance in Blowing Rock?

Checked out the restaurant above--looks nice but they are closed the day we'll be there--a Tuesday! Rats!

We'll check out Twig's and Gideon--thx!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: romance in Blowing Rock?

Gideon Ridge is for accommodations...wonderful mountain top inn.

9. Re: romance in Blowing Rock?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 13, 2009