We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers looking for a room with a mountain view

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
First timers looking for a room with a mountain view

First time travelers to Blue Ridge Parkway at the end of November. I'm searching for an upscale, but not too fussy B&B or inn outside of Asheville.

The Lodge at Lake Lure, Gideon Ridge Inn, Banner Elk Winery & Inn and B&B on Tiffany Hill all look nice, but can't decide!! Since it's my husband & my first time to the mountains, I'd like to find a suite with a view. What do you recommend? Thanks!

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,065 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timers looking for a room with a mountain view

No view, but check The Black Walnut B&B in Asheville.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
7,979 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timers looking for a room with a mountain view

Those all seem pretty nice, but none of them seem like they're really outside of Asheville unless you mean way outside. If you are wanting to see the sights that are especially in and near Asheville then you might want to tighten your circle a bit. Gideon Ridge and Banner Elk Winery in particular are about 2 hrs from Asheville itself. They are in a beautiful area of the NC Mountains near Blowing Rock and it is definitely worth visiting, but if you've been planning to go into Asheville for shopping/dining/Biltmore, I'd look closer to Asheville. If you just want NC mountains I'd say those all look nice, but I don't have experience with any of them.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timers looking for a room with a mountain view

Gideon Ridge, West Glow Inn & Spa, and The Inn at Crestwood in the Blowing rock area all have great views, but I don't know about rooms with a view. They also have outstanding restaurants. I have not been to Banner Elk Winery but have met the hosts and they are wonderful. The weather could be a little more severe in Blowing Rock than Asheville, which is lower elevation, but I have been up after Thanksgiving the last few years and it has been fine. Nice place to buy a tree, too.

4. Re: First timers looking for a room with a mountain view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:43 pm, April 03, 2013
Level Contributor
325 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First timers looking for a room with a mountain view

We stayed at Gideon Ridge Inn last winter in the Grandfather View Suite, which was very nice; wonderful fireplace, 2 bathrooms, decent view. We had an opportunity to look in several of the other rooms/suites & would truly have to say that the Sunrise Suite had the most wonderful view & it was a lovely looking accomodation. The Cedar Cottage suite was also very nice because it was separate from the main house & so afforded a lot of privacy.

We also really enjoyed the onsite restaurant during one night of our stay; besides the fabulous food/service, it was so nice not to have to drive anywhere!

6. Re: First timers looking for a room with a mountain view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 19, 2013