We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Considering a week in Beaufort.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Considering a week in Beaufort.

Ocracoke is our favorite getaway, but we are looking to visit the southern nc coast this summer to explore possible retirement locations down the road.

In the past we have spent time in Topsail, Oriental, New Bern, and Wilmington area.

I understand that Beaufort is similar to Ocracoke so we thought we would try there.

My question is: We enjoy laid back locations with some historical sites. Would a week be a fair amount of time in Beaufort-too much-too little?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Considering a week in Beaufort.

We just spent four nights/three full days in Beaufort returning home yesterday afternoon. It was great! We did most of the things other people have mentioned: Toured an old home, the jail and apothecary, and the burial grounds. We rode bikes one afternoon and admired all the beautiful old homes facing the water. Took a 1/2 day sailboat tour to the Cape Lookout Lighthouse. We saw sea turtles, dolphin, and wild horses on that tour, too. Went to Fort Macon, Atlantic Beach, and the NC Aquarium. Ate at lots of good restaurants. Visited shops and galleries. I think I could have stayed a week. The town is full of very friendly people.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Considering a week in Beaufort.

Great information wannawrite-thank you.

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Considering a week in Beaufort.

My husband abd I love Beaufort. It is so quaint and beautiful. I could spend all day sitting along the waterfront and just looking at all the sailboats and yachts from all over the world. If we want to go for a swim we just drive over the bridge to Atlantic Beach. Also, not too far a drive to the ferry to Ocracoke for a day. We are counting the days until June 29 when we will begin our week in Beaufort!

P.S. Eat at the Ruddy Duck Tavern in Morehead City. Right on the waterfront and fabulous food!

14. Re: Considering a week in Beaufort.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, July 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Beaufort