We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Bat Cave

Greenville
2 posts
Save Topic
The Bat Cave

I understand there is an actual bat cave in the town Bat Cave, NC. Is this something that you can actually visit? Are there other caves in the area that you can explore. Any help would be awesome. Thanx

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Bat Cave

I know of no caves in that area open to the public. There is really is no "town" of Bat Cave - it's basically a small post office.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
1,151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Bat Cave

we actually drove though and must of missed the post office so decided it was just a name on a sign enroute to chimney rock.

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Bat Cave

There is a cave with bats in it. Here is some info on it.

nature.org/wherewework/…art5586.html

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
1,151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Bat Cave

thanks for the interesting update, i'd of never guessed as we were there in january, and didn't see a thing.

Greenville
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Bat Cave

Wow! Thank you to everyone.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The Bat Cave

The reason no one knows about it is because it is private and not open to the public. LOL.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
742 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Bat Cave

I have actually hiked up to the Bat Cave a couple times. It is a great hike and the cave, which is the largest fissure cave in the U.S. is cool to see. As noted on the site linked by Jaded24fan, the Nature Conservancy, which owns the site, runs field trips to it sometimes.

8. Re: The Bat Cave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, October 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bat Cave