We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Needing to get to grand central station to HPN

Independence...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Needing to get to grand central station to HPN

I am wondering where I get off the subway to get to HPN. I plan on boarding at grand central station. Then the best way to get from that destination to HPN? Anyone know price differences between buses (if there is any) versus a cab? I know nothing about New York so I need answers dumbed down a little. I'm wondering if the price of a cab instead of a bus is way more and by how much. Is it easier to take a cab? All the questions I have seen answered are years old. Thank you all in advance, I really appreciate it!

4 replies to this topic
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Needing to get to grand central station to HPN

By HPN do you mean Westchester County Airport?

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,894 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Needing to get to grand central station to HPN

If you mean the White Plains airport then you wouldn't take the subway at all. You'd take a Metro North commuter train from Grand Central to White Plains and then a taxi from the station to the airport.

There is a bus from the station to the airport, but it's roundabout. Here's the schedule and route map:

…westchestergov.com/images/stories/Schedules…

BTW - Although you can't use a Metrocard for Metro North, you can use a Metrocard (either pay per ride or unlimited) for the bus from the train station to the airport.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,734 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Needing to get to grand central station to HPN

Good advice. HPN is a nice airport.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Needing to get to grand central station to HPN

You would be better off using the name of the airport rather than the official letter designation. Not many people know the 3-letter codes especially ones as random as Westchester's HPN.

Reply to: Needing to get to grand central station to HPN
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted