We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at White Plains

sussex, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at White Plains

We're visiting the USA from the UK in October and plan to drive from Boston to New York in a rental car. We don't want to take it into the city though, as parking and traffic will be difficult. Does White Plains station have parking where we could leave the car for 5 days and catch the train in?

Level Contributor
265 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at White Plains

Hi ross71,

First of all, I agree with you that you would not want to drive into NYC if you have an option not to do so. I spent a weekend in NYC and took the train. Its easy, fast and convenient.

Back to your question, I believe the White Plains station does have long term parking although I did not use it. Take a look at this website and look at both the White Plains and North White Plains listings, they will have parking information and numbers to ring to find out about current charges.

Another thought. I don't know who you're renting with but there's a Hertz office just outside the North White Plains station. I'm sure the other majors will have offices in WP too. If you're going to be away for 5 days have you considered ditching the car and picking up another after 5 days?

Good luck!

Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now